Sunday, January 8, 2012

Personalities

It's something significant and very hard to be determined, at least in my opinion.
My surprise is that one of the group in my class did the topic on personalities in a video forum. As usual, everything is very vague. I understood partially yet questions are popping out.

Simple classifications of personalities from the 4 basic elements, earth, wind, fire and water, to the current Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and also a major contribution by Carl Jung.

Here you have 16 different personalities. Testing by introversion or extroversion, intuitive or sensor, thinking or sensing, feeling or perception. Somehow I took these tests before when I completed SPM and I got INTJ.


Seems like the consistency is there. I retook one exam and I got back INTJ.


INTJ - one of the rarest personalities in the world.
Rarity makes me happy! XD

























I then Google'd for a lot of INTJ personality profiles and most of the written statements overlaps each other, namely these :
  • apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything
  • produces an unusual independence of mind 
  • perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play 
  • possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability 
  • really want people to make sense 
  • less sociable
  • value intelligence, knowledge, and competence
  • generates ideas and possibilities 
  • putting their ideas into a useful form 
  • spend a lot of time inside their own minds
Sources of it is from here and here.

I always wondered what and who I am. Personality tests are one thing that I don't really trust, given in vagueness and some inconsistency between tests, but gives an outline of who we are.

Given that I am with an INTJ personality, one of the rarest personality of all, is indeed fascinating even for myself. I value rarity as it sets a gap between mainstream and themselves. Personally speaking, I don't think I found anyone that came across in my life that has such personality. After all, it's still one of the rarest personality in the world.
One thing I'm amazed when I retook the exam is that the results are same as before. Guess I'm true to who I am.

To everyone,
Be yourself!

No comments: