Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer

P/S : This is quite a long post with quite a lot of pictures I accumulated over weeks!

Well yeah, if you do check my blog these few days, you might saw that my chat box, there’s my friend Yee Shiuan talking about the Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer.

Actually I got this cooler at a cheap price. This is to replace my CPU cooler that has freakishly big sized heat sink.

The first impression from the Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer is that it includes a 3-pin fan controller (single unit controller, rheostat) and also Tuniq MX-2 thermal grease.

My post arrived as I ordered and paid last two weeks I think. Sorry for not updating my blog for so long, part of it is due to my exams just like 48 hours away from the minute I got this package. Another part is that I am lacking in things to post. Also my laziness…

 

P1011937

My package!

 

P1011941

This big sized bubble wrap it to prevent the item from getting damages internally. In other words, preventing it from getting crushed.

 

P1011947

The cooler itself. It is actually really small compared to my old one. Also this cooler is using the latest tower design.

 

P1011944

This is why it is called the Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer. It features the latest technology, the direct heat pipe contact.

 

P1011954

When I saw this on the box, the airflow of the fan is really very surprising. 90.65CFM is seriously really high.

It even includes a fan controller. It is made to fit in the PCI brackets.

 

P1011959

Sunbeamtech.com

During the installation process, there was a problem where my motherboard’s gold plate thing written ASUS there is blocking the side to clip the cooler. To get it in, brute force is required.

P1011961

After installation. We’re getting a rest coz of the headache about the clipping.

P1011963

After installing the motherboard back into the chassis, the graphic card is nowhere touching the CPU cooler. But the clearance isn’t that big.

P1011966

The plate thing written ASUS that I was talking about.

Also I took off my old CPU cooler’s Cooler Master 90CFM 19dBA blue LED fan to my chassis. No pictures were taken, sorry. Other than that, I swapped the stock top 230mm with the stock front 230mm fan with red LED.

P1012112

The two fans. Seriously these fans are bigger than my face =P

P1012113

Running mode after changing the fans.

There’s also something I realize. Since my rear fan is blue LED and my top fan is red LED, the color was having a little gradient O_O

Dang its nice.

P1012130

Look at it!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The LED color mixture is nice. Note that the rear fan has the little red color light blended to it.

P1012192

Here’s a random picture I took.

Before I end this post, there’s something else I would like to post.

old cooler P1011982

Before                                        After

Also benchmarked the coolers :D

temp 1 temp 2

Old cooler using bundled thermal grease.

Left side is idle, right side is running at 100%

idle CCF stress 100% CCF

Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer put to the test itself. Using the bundled thermal grease, the Tuniq MX-2

Left side is idle, right side is running at 100%

Ahh… That’s all for now. Gonna blog about Mother’s Day now. By the way, if you do have and recommendation for cable managements or ventilation you can leave a message at the chat box or comment in the blog post itself. Thanks for reading this long blog post =D

No comments: