Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cooler Master imitation!

Imagine this – walking pass a very nice-looking computer shop, hoping for more or different things to see. Entered the shop and it turned out to be a fairly empty shop. Proceeding in… there’s a lot of racks selling peripherals of unknown brands. To my surprise I saw this.

P1010046

Cooler Master imitation – the packaging.

The first thing that caught my attention is the Cooler Master Notepal X1 cooler for notebooks. The design is really special so I couldn’t resist to have a look at it. To my surprise, it’s not Cooler Master, but yet another imitation.

P1010047

Cooler Yulong. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

P1010048

Pure imitation – the Cooler Master logo watermark.

When I saw this, I remembered Cooler Master’s logo shape. It shapes exactly like this watermark. Here’s a reference picture of the logo.

Cooler Master 

Official Cooler Master logo.

To my surprise, when I tried to Photoshop it in, it fits perfectly!

 

P1010048 modded

Obvious imitation!

I already told Cooler Master about this so let’s see what’s the reply. I’ll refer this blog post to them for further details.

No comments: