Thursday, August 18, 2011

Distinctive me

You might think I'm a hipster, but no. This is something that EVERYONE and ANYONE can see when you meet me. It's something obvious.

I'm talking about my leg.

I usually don't talk about myself at all but it seems like there are a lot of people I know that didn't ask me about it. Some did, but the question sets the moment to total awkwardness and it just kills the mood like a nuclear bomb. I have to let the complete uncovered truth out.

Anyway, since I did find out that my leg makes many people think what happened because it's too hard to ask, don't be scared. I'll tell you all about it that I know. Nothing to hide.

In fact, I'm going to tell now.

A delayed birth on 6th of March 1993. I was forced to be in my mother's womb for a longer period of time due to the lack if presence of doctors. I was suppose to come out earlier. Then that delayed period of time have me a permanent brain damage, literally. I do think that doctors and nurses knew about this on that day.

I grew up living this way, falling down a lot or just being clumsy lol. I always trip on myself because of my right leg, even now.

I have a small case of cerebral palsy, which affected the part of the brain that controls my right leg by a little. Yes it might seem very drastic but I've seen worse.

I had 2 surgeries before, one when I was at 2 or 3 and another when I was 14. According to my mom I can't walk even at the age of 2 or 3. Both surgeries were tendon lengthening, while the first one was at some part and both Achilles' heel and the second one was only for my right leg's Achilles' heel.

I got most of the extensive information about myself )literally learning about yourself) from a doctor that asked my mother about the full details of what happened exactly on my time of birth during my medical check up for MMU. All thanks to my mom's question to the doctor about the cures for my leg.

I've been living third way for 18 years and beyond. What makes you think that I'm still denying to live in this state? A cure would be nice though. Till now I can't really control my right leg's spasms at random times and also I can't run yet my stability is totally funky. Not sure if swimming is good for me too.

Alright so that's about all me. I posted it in blog instead of anywhere else as my blog has now been forgotten and about few inches of dust has settled down. Somehow my friends in MMU first asked if I have a license for handicapped drivers or not. A funny assumption but I don't blame them for that conclusion.

So please now don't ask me about my leg in front of me. It just makes the situation awkward.

And no, this is not self pity or me begging for pity. This is just the truth and fact.

Before I forget - I thank you all my friends for not discriminating me for having such a leg. I truly appreciate it.

Love you all. Now you know a little more about me. LOL

No comments: