Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pendrives/Flash drives/whatever – my experience

Seriously my experience with flash drives aren’t that good. First is that I’m using a 4GB flash drive by Pretec, got it like 2 years ago and still using fine!

P1013105

My flash drive.

P1013106

Very small sized and high transferring speed.

Then comes another 4GB, this time from Kingston.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

DataTraveler 100. Got it off Google, so sorry for the 2GB in the picture.

Then I used it… for like less than 6 months, it burned. It freaking burned. BURNED! Then my friend lent me his 4GB flash drive, exactly the same as the one I used, his one was snapped into two, then burned too! Same goes to my cousin brother’s, exact same one, burned.

[P1012971[2]

His flash drive burned too. This picture was taken by my previous post by the way.

Actually Kingston made another line of products, which is another 4GB ones, this time is the DataTraveler 101, and the DataTraveler 100 was scraped! I suspect is the flash drives burning problem.

P1013110

DataTraveler 101. The difference is just the looks I assume.

Then the other flash drives that I’ve used is the Imation ones, thanks to my sister, and Pendrive ones, thanks to my friend.

Here are the pictures.

P1013104

So it’s an Imation flash drive. It actually has the capabilities to speed up if you’re using RAID on it, and very compact too.

Specially though, Pendrives has its own add-on, the Penskin.

P1013085

It looks rather cute and more eye-catching, but the performance is still on par with the other brands.

P1013087

It is also, very compact. With the Penskin on, dropping this flash drive is harmless.

I guess that’s what I did for the last few days about flash drives. Hope you all will come and read my blog again =D

Have fun!

3 comments:

ZongYen said...

Walao~~~U have so many pendrives...
I only have 1 8G Kingston pendrive,my first and ever pendrive...lol

Alexander said...

You have just go for science 1 when you had the chance *smacks forehead*
With all these updates of computers and more about that & these & that & these -
Gosh, got IT Engineering.

Kokasaurus said...

Lol
@Yen
Lol, those aren't mine =O
Most of them are my friend's

@Seng Hoo
My results aren't thaaaaaaaat good =O