Monday, March 9, 2009

Cable management on my Mom’s

Well my mom had been complaining for days that her casing is zapping her. I said that maybe she’s charged, so she never cared too.

Then the next day, my sister came back with my future brother-in-law her boyfriend and my mom’s aunt, all directly from KL.

P1010539

I was happy to see them all here because I loved how we enjoy our times together last year. Definitely a good experience.

They bought some DVD back and thought wanna watch them at night.

So they did go according to plan. Unfortunately her laptop’s DVD player had some problem.

So she asked anyway to play the DVD. And indeed I have a way to play around with my Mom’s unpowered DVD-ROM.

When I took out the screws and touch the casing, I got zapped.

I was totally shocked by what happened and I never cared, just continue my job. I was zapped continuously.

So I finished my job at last with lots of zapping.

 

They were watching happily and then all of a sudden it was dead too. I wonder that was the problem with the DVD or the DVD-ROM

Then comes in the 2nd part where I have to revert all the changes to my Mom’s computer. I was zapped again…

On the next day My mom went online and she got zapped too. My brother and I discussed what’s the problem. We came to a guess that the PSU have problems. So I did change the PSU with some cable management of course.

 

P1010540

This was before

P1010545P1010546 

This was after. Note that I changed the PSU.

Then when I tried to power it up, this PSU doesn’t have enough Wattage to boot up (OMG) and it stills zap me. So my mom took out all the 3 pin plugs and there, the air conditioner’s neutral wire just got burnt due to the another 4-way-splitter’s live wire got loosened…

 

So we fixed it and then the PSU was still underpowered to boot.

I had to undo all cable managements and re-do it with another power supply…

 

P1010547 P1010548

This is now

I was serious dumbfounded by how PowerLogic’s failing PSU is. Its amount of cables can be counted by hand.

 

Also here’s a picture of the two PSUs.

P1010541

PowerLogic’s PSU

P1010542 

Just look at it! Disgusting!

P1010543

The PSU which doesn’t have enough power to boot up.

 

That’s all for now lol~ Hope you all never complain about all these texts lol~


EDIT : My Mom is using the PowerLogic Futura 220 casing, which fails too. Lacks workspace...

No comments: