Saturday, March 21, 2009

Laptop Review – My cousin’s Acer…

First of all I would like to declare something that is my cousin’s laptop was bought last year. And also, laptop’s performance are lower than desktop’s even if the hardware are same.

P1010697

First look at the laptop

P1010732

The list of “special features” on the laptop itself.

P1010731

As usual, Windows Vista sticker is there with the processor sticker. What’s so surprising is the graphic card. The nVidia 8600M GT @ 512MB.

Well when I first saw the laptop, it looks great! But I was wrong. Only the design is nice but the quality build is bad. I tried to play Need For Speed : Undercover with this laptop while running in the batteries and Power-saver was switched to High Performance. It still lags.

So I tried to check the hardware clocks at the BIOS, and this is what I saw…

P1010738 

IDE DVD-ROM? Seems like ACER is cheating all their customers?

Also I would like to dig out few things to talk about with this laptop.

P1010720 

It has a TV-out port and HDMI port.

P1010756 P1010752

It has dual microphone which is built-in plus, a webcam.

P1010745

It has a subwoofer O_O

P1010713 

The battery. Most of the weight of the laptop comes from this battery.

P1010703

By pressing the word ACER, the shell actually goes down,feeling like its going to crack open.

There’s also a few touch buttons on the laptop itself, as the multimedia keys plus some keys which does some crap stuff. But as ACER tries to go touch-screen, it’s really irresponsive.

DSC00429 

What 'I’m talking about

DSC00156

There’s a button which open this thing which opens multimedia files in it.

Overall this laptop quite sucks for its performance. It sucks because the keys aren’t that good, or maybe that my cousin doesn’t know how to keep his laptop in a good condition. Thanks for reading lol~

No comments: